Chapter 1
"Cool, huh?" Caitlyn asked, holding the slender wooden wand between them. "And it's one-hundred percent real like I said."
Della reached for it, but Caitlyn jerked it away. "Oh," Della said.
"Sorry," said Caitlyn. "Each wand is kind of personal for each witch. Like an extension of my arm or something."
"Oh," Della repeated. "So, don't touch."
"If that's okay, I'd rather you didn't."
"That's cool, but I still want you to do something with it to prove it's real."
"Like what? Make a rabbit or levitate something?"
Della grinned with a wicked, greedy smile. "How 'bout this?" she said, and she put the box she had brought with her onto the bed. Opening it, she revealed it to be filled with action figures and dolls from her collection. There were superheroes like Batman and Iron Man, as well as movie heroes like 007 and Hellboy.
"What? No girls?" Caitlyn asked.
"Well..." Della responded, then stepped into the dormitory hallway to pull in a black trunk on four casters. "That's what this is for."
"Please don't tell me that thing is full of girl dolls."
"In a way."
"That's not a real answer."
Della knelt in front of the trunk and opened it. Inside were many cosplay outfits, from Halloween-themed costumes like maids, nurses, and cat-girls to media-themed ones like Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, Scarlet Witch, and Zatanna.
"Uhmmm..." Caitlyn wondered aloud.
"Yeah, as soon as you told me about the wand I just knew I had to see if you could do this for me."
"This? Do you want me to bring your dolls to life or something?"
Della laughed. "Not really."
"Then what's with the costumes?"
Della grinned again, raising her eyebrows tellingly. "I want to join them."
"Join them?"
"Yeah, I want you to shrink my costumes to their scale, and then shrink me too."
"You want me to use my wand to make you a doll?"
"Not exactly. I just want to be small enough to interact with them. Then I want you to take pictures of me with them."
Caitlyn cocked her head to the side at an angle. "You want me to do what?"
"It's not weird or anything."
"Right..."
"I mean, it's not a kinky thing. It's for my design class. I wanted to do it with Photoshop, you know, putting me in pictures with at scale, but I suck at Photoshop so back. And this way I can fake it."
"Shit, Della. You're actually serious?"
"As a god damn heart attack, Cait. I really need an A on this project. Please?"
Caitlyn examined her friend. Her short, brown hair framed her serious expression well. Even the pink yoga pants and black tank top didn't take away from the fixed, hard, legitimate begging that her face conveyed.
By contrast, Caitlyn was a walking advertisement for carefree fun. Her fluorescent green shorts and rainbow top looked like the aftermath of an explosion at an ice cream store, and her orange-red mop of curly hair did nothing to dissuade any onlooker who might be present of the comparison.
Caitlyn went to the door, closed it, and locked it, then went to the window and pulled down the shades. Della looked at her, confused.
"I'm supposed to keep this all secret. I only told you because I know I can trust you, and you're my best friend."
"Promise. Cross my heart."
"I can do you one better than that. I can cast a spell that will cause the magic to protect itself from being discovered, even if you or I screw up."
"Even better." Della motioned to the trunk. "Can you do it? Or is it too hard or something too advanced for you?"
"Please," Caitlyn said, rolling her eyes. "I was doing simple shrinking spells at ten years old. I used to play with my dolls all the time."
"That is soooooo cool."
Caitlyn laughed. "Yeah. It was."
"So you're the kinky one?"
"I was ten years old and loved my dolls. Nothing kinky about it."
"Just riding you, Cait."
Caitlyn made the sign language symbol for the letter Z, keeping the wand in her hand, waved it at the trunk once, and instantly the clothes, trunk and all shrank to the size and scale of the dolls on the bed.
"Holy shit!" Della said. "That's amazing." She squatted over the tiny truck and lifted the Harley Queen outfit and another that looked like a Harley Queen-themed ball gown out to examine them. "Fucking perfect," she muttered. She checked the stitches, turning the little outfits inside and out. "And still the same quality of work. They look like doll clothes, but they don't look like cheap doll clothes."
"I didn't do anything but shrink them, silly. They're still as good as you made them, just doll-sized.
Della put the outfits back in the trunk and then put the trunk on the bed beside the action figures. She dumped the figures onto the bed.
"Me next?" she asked.
While she was asking, Caitlyn was already making the wand do its thing. Her best friend grew smaller and smaller until she was the same height as a typical superhero toy, right at six inches. Soon she was swallowed up by the tank top and eventually disappeared into the pile of falling yoga pants.
Caitlyn found her trying to dig herself out of the wad of clothing that hadn't shrunk with her.
"What's up with that?" Della said. "I'm naked."
"Sorry. I didn't think to shrink the outfit. Just you."
Caitlyn reached into the pants, past the panties, and at last gently removed the tiny girl from the stretchy pants leg that had trapped her during the transformation. "You're so freakin' cute," Caitlyn said.
"I'm so freakin' naked," Della corrected her.
Caitlyn smiled. "Maybe that's why you're so cute," she added.
"Now who's kinky?"
"Still you, little lady."
"Hey!"
"But you are."
"Fine."
"Well, that too."
Caitlyn lifted her little friend into the air with a careful grip around her waist. She brought her level with her face and then studied her tiny form from the back, from the front, from below, and from above, even flipping her upside down at one point.
"Hey, careful with the merchandise," Della shouted in her equally tiny voice.
"Now that's funny," Caitlyn said.
"What?"
"Merchandise. That's what you're like now. Just another one of your dolls."
"Action figures," she corrected.
"Well, as long as you're in my room, you're a doll."
"Action figure."
"Doll."
"Whatever." The tiny girl wriggled in Caitlyn's unbreakable grip. "Can I get dressed now please?"
Caitlyn smiled. "Didn't you know the best part of having dolls were taking their clothes off?"
"Cait?!"
"Hold up, dolly, I'm just playing with you."
Caitlyn gently placed Della on the bed, and she went directly to the trunk. But she fell along the way when Caitlyn pushed on the mattress to make it bounce.
"Hey!"
"Sorry. Couldn't resist. And while you're getting dressed, let me do that protection spell so we don't get caught. You could get your memory wiped and I could get my magic taken away for as much as a year."
"Wow. Yeah, let's be sure to be very careful then. I so don't want to forget this."
"So glad you're concerned about my magic too, Del."
"Well, that too, Cait."
She bounced the wand in the air again, holding it in her Z grip, and it looked like nothing happened, but she also knew enough to know that, although invisible, the spell would keep them both safe -- Della from being hurt while small and herself from having her use of magic discovered.
And just in time, she realized as someone knocked on the door.
"Hang on, be right there," she said, glancing at her friend to hide her. But the spell had already worked. Instead of a living six-inch Della on the bed, there was a partly naked doll, well, an action figure, half in a Scarlet Witch costume. "Shit. Wow. So that's who it protects us."
She walked to the door and opened it. The RA waited on the other side.
"Hey, Audrey, what's up?"
"Just wanted to remind you about the dorm meeting tonight. All hands on deck."
"Right. Nine o'clock, right?"
The tall blonde nodded.
"I'll be there."
"Cool. See ya then," and then she closed the door.
"What the hell was that?" came Della's voice. "I couldn't move."
"That," Caitlyn said, "was the spell protecting you and keeping me from being exposed as a witch."
"Yeah, you had joints and everything. It looks like whenever there's a risk of being discovered, the spell turns you temporarily into a real doll."
"Real action figure."
"Who's doll are you, kiddo?"
"Mine."
"Let me open the door again and we'll find out if that's true."
"Fine, fine. Whatever."
Why they talked Della finished dressing up as her favorite female comic book heroine. When she was finished she pulled and tugged the outfit into place on his hips and legs and boobs.
"It looks fantastic on you. It always does, but it somehow looks even better when you're a doll."
"Can you bring me a mirror?"
"Sure." Caitlyn took a compact from her purse, opened it, and placed it a few inches away from Della.
The little doll girl took in her full image thanks to the distance and the rectangular shape of the mirrored compact and smiled widely.
"See," Caitlyn said. "Told ya."
"Fuck. This is perfect. If it wouldn't get you in trouble, it could be cool to go to a convention this way."
"Well... there are lots of dolls at shows."
"Oooh. I hadn't even thought about that."
"And doll collectors."
"Whoa."
"And thieves who might love to have the cutest Scarlet Witch ever in their collection."
"Hey!"
"Or to sell on eBay."
"Okay. Okay. I get it."
"Still," Caitlyn said, knowing that Della was enjoying the joke despite her complaining. "Might be fun regardless. I'll just have to keep you locked away in my bag, except when I bring you out to show you off and see what I might be able to get for you from the dudes doing trades and buying collectibles."
"Hardy har har."
"My doll. My choice."
Della cut her a sidelong glance.
"You know I'd never sell my best friend," Caitland said with a grin.
"Yeah? What about me then?"
"Shut up."
I used the camera she had brought, and I snapped photo after photo of her in each of the costumes. She danced with Superman. She took tea with Spider-Man and 007. She whirled from figure to figure as if she were just another one among them. I posed her being carried by the Hulk, being kidnapped by the Creature from the Black Lagoon. She was Harley Quinn on the job, Harley Quinn at the ball, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, a maid, a nurse, you name it.
And throughout all the playtime, I captured it all.
I was showing her the photos on the laptop -- like a movie screen to her -- when someone knocked on the door again.
Instantly, Della fell to the bed between Hellboy and Iron Man, right at home as the beautiful magician Zatanna.
This time it was Felicia, the girl from the next room.
"I saw the lights flashing under the door and wanted to see what was going on," she said.
"Helping a friend with a project. You know Della, right?"
"Dancer. Nerdy. With all the dress-up stuff?"
Caitlyn nodded.
"But what does all this have to do with her?"
Caitlyn regretted opening her damn mouth.
"Oh. They're hers, all these dolls."
"Gotcha. Where's she? Or did she con you into doing this for you?"
"Well, you know how she is," Caitlyn said, glancing at the motionless doll in fishnets lying on the bed.
"Cool. Can I see?" Felicia asked, scooting around her to go to the bed. She zeroed in on Della and picked her up. "What's up with this one? All the others are just plastic and shit, but this one actually has outfits to put on and change."
Caitlyn smiled. "That's the project. She's trying doll clothes. I'm just doing the pictures for her."
"Because you're such a photographer. Isn't she the one doing the design class?"
"Yeah.
Felicia turned the Della doll over in her hands and looked it over. "Weird. Her asking you."
"Yeah. Well, I said I'd do it. She is my best friend."
"Okay. Whatever." Felicia lifted the doll to her face. "Do you know what I used to do to all my dolls?" she asked.
Caitlyn shook her head.
"This," she said and rubbed her thumb over the doll's smooth crotch. Then she pushed Della against her face and licked her from her pelvis to her boobs. "How do you think I found out I was gay so young?"
"Stop it. You're so full of shit."
"Probably. Maybe I just wanted to lick your doll."
"Della's doll. Not my doll."
"I don't see Della anywhere." She studied the doll again "Although this one does look a bit like her. I wouldn't put it past that little weirdo to pay to have a doll made to look like her for that goofy collection."
"Yeah. Probably right."
"Probably the closest I'm gonna get to actually doing anything with her anyway."
"You like Della?"
"Yeah. She's weird, but I like weird."
"You should tell her."
Felicia winked. Then she licked Della's doll form again.
Caitlyn's breath caught in her throat.
"Anyway, here," Felicia said and tossed the doll across the room to Caitlyn. "Maybe. We'll see."
Caitlyn stepped forward and barely caught the doll, snagging it by one leg as it slipped between her hands.
"Careful," she said louder and more concerned than she probably should have, but it wouldn't do to let her best friend get hurt.
When Felicia closed the door behind herself, Caitlyn locked it with the deadbolt. Tiny Della came to life again in her grip.
"What the hell was that?"
"She... well... she licked you."
"You think I don't fucking know that? I mean why did you let her."
"So you are aware of everything going on around you when you're just a doll."
"Around and to me," she added. "And besides, what was 'you know how she is about?"
"I had to say something."
"You could have said something nice."
"I could have put you away in the box and shoved it in the closet rather than roping myself into all this."
Della didn't say anything but did wrinkle her mouth in frustration.
"Or given you to Felicia for a popsicle."
"Oh, don't even joke."
Caitlyn laughed.
"Well, she does like you."
"That's abundantly clear."
She laughed again.
"Don't ever let her -- or anyone else -- do that again please."
"Oh?"
The doll nodded. "Yeah, it felt weird."
"You felt it?"
"Of course, I felt it. I just couldn't move, but I could feel and hear and see everything.
"Really?!"
"Shut up. You're making it weird."
"You're a talking Barbie, and I'm the one making it weird?"
"I'm Zatanna, not Barbie."
"You're a cute doll in fishnets. You might as well be a Playboy bunny, as far as I'm concerned." She grinned. "Anyway, what do you mean, it felt weird?"
"How do you think it felt?"
"How the hell am I supposed to know? I've never been small enough to have a giant tongue in my crotch. I don't even know if you have a real crotch when you go all doll."
Della shook her head. "I don't, but it damn sure feels like I do."
"Oh, so you enjoyed that?"
"Shut up."
Caitlyn checked the time. "Oh shit. I've got the dorm meeting. Want to finish the pictures a little later?"
"Sure. Whatever gets me out of this conversation right now."
They both laughed.
"Cool."
Caitlyn started to pick up all the dolls and put them in the cardboard box. Then she collected the doll clothes and folded them gently into the tiny trunk.
"Hey, thanks for picking up after me, but aren't you forgetting about something?" Della asked.
Caitlyn smiled. She reached onto the bed and picked up the little doll girl.
"Nope." Then she opened the blinds and when she was suddenly visible to outside eyes, Della's form went rigid again. This time Caitlyn pulled aside the crotch of her leotard to see if she was anatomically correct or not. She was not. A quick peek at the doll's boobs revealed the absence of nipples too. She placed the doll of her best friend on a shelf between her Harry Potter hardcovers and a cheerleading trophy from basketball season. "Zatanna should be right at home here with Harry Potter, I think, so why don't you just hang out right here, Della, until I get back?"
Then, before leaving, Caitlyn carefully tucked the box of action figures and the trunk of doll clothes under her bed to keep them safe. After that, she went out and closed her door, leaving Della to "hang out right here" until she got back, as instructed.
So Della did just that, not having any other choice. As she waited, she examined Caitlyn's room. The opposite wall, with the inspirational poster of a frog and a cat, the poster of some K-Pop boy band, and also a poster of The Sandman from the DC comic books. Caitlyn's desk sat beside her twin bed, and it was cluttered with printed pages and a few books from her classes. Her laptop lay closed, half on top of and half under several of the printed pages. The bed was neatish, though wrinkled after the afternoon's adventure and photoshoot, and the thick, orange and yellow comforter looked to live up to the "comfort" of its name. Sadly, Della couldn't make out anything from the bookcase she was on since there was no opposite mirror to see herself in.
The wait dragged on, and thanks to the readout of the clock near the bed, Della could tell that barely 20 minutes had passed. Twenty motionless minutes. Twenty minutes of being just a doll.
Eventually, she let her mind wander, and Della lost herself in a smattering of daydreams. In spite of not really wanting to be a doll forever, she found that she couldn't resist the idea that, at least for now, she was Caitlyn's doll, put up on display on Caitlyn's shelf, and that she was at Caitlyn's mercy, and that was okay with her -- for now. After all, her friend wouldn't let anything happen to her. And it might just be fun to spend a little time belonging to her friend without a single care in her little, plastic, doll mind.
She envisioned Caitlyn returning and taking her down from the shelf and changing her clothes, maybe even into something less cosplay and more traditionally fashionable for a doll. She saw a blur of pictures go by in my mind, dressed in a shiny, sparkle silver dress, then a pair of red shorts and a yellow button top with short sleeves, next a pantsuit with wide legs like the 70s and an equally wide collar, then a short black party dress, a royal blue formal gown and a silver crown, a pencil skirt and white business blouse with plastic heels, a rainbow-print bikini, a pair of denim shorts and a smiley face tank top and fake, plastic roller blades, holding the leash of one of Barbie's unnamed plastic dogs. Finally, she wondered about Caitlyn changing her into something more Goth, maybe fishnets, a black pleather skirt with a matching black miniature corset top.
She hadn't even noticed the door open, and she was being taken from the shelf when she realized she wasn't dreaming it. Felicia was back.
"I left a note for Della under her door so Caitlyn wouldn't freak out and think you were missing." As she spoke, Felicia was sitting on the bed and writing a note for Caitlyn too. "This ought to take care of everything." She placed the note on the shelf where Della had been. "Now," Felicia said, looking around. "Where did all those clothes Della made for you get off to?"
She looked around the room and shortly found the trunk under the bed. Then she put it into her oversized, open purse, and carefully placed the Della doll inside the cloth bag as well.
"This should be fun," she said, as she left Caitlyn's room and let the door close behind her.
After that, Della bounced around inside the huge open bag, but even her view of the sky was soon taken away when the motion caused her immobile body to shift to a lower place underneath some packaged tampons and pads, a leather wallet, and what she could only guess was a pair of flip-flops. She found herself mostly in darkness with only scattered bits of light filtering through as the purse moved with each step Felicia took.
When Della finally saw actual daylight again, she found she was in a room she'd never seen before. It was pink with a border of generic fairy princesses, all wearing pastel dresses and silver crowns. Some danced with princes. Others played with animals or stood waving from tall towers inside castles. None looked like Disney princesses. Probably to avoid trademark issues. Regardless, one thing was clear--it was not Della's or Caitlyn's room.
Felicia was grabbing her from the bag. She saw the college girl's face for only a moment, then was shoved into the waiting hands of little, brown-haired girl with a long ponytail. The girl smiled at her and then frowned.
"What's she wearing?" the girl asked grumpily.
"That's some comic book hero," Felicia said. "My friend is kind of a geek about stuff like that."
"It's ugly," the little girl said, and she started to take the outfit off. It tore easily in the girl's haste, and Della panicked, knowing how long it took her to make the custom costume in the first place.
"She needs to have a princess dress."
"Well, that's your call, Theo," Felicia said. "I'm here to babysit you, so that makes you the boss, honey. If you want princessy, then you make her as princessy as you want."
The girl smiled.
Within moments, Della found herself naked and lying on Theo's floor. She dreaded the coarse feeling of the cheap doll clothes the girl might choose for her. Theo dug into a plastic shoebox of doll stuff and came out with a gold, crinkly dress.
Della could only imagine the feel of the tacky material against her skin. She didn't have long to imagine it though, and soon her arms were raised above her head and the dress was shoved down onto her and snapped in the back. Thankfully, the spell that both protected and trapped her kept the worst of the scratchy, irritating fabric from bothering her. It wasn't as nice as her own specially-made clothing, but it wasn't as bad as he had expected either.
"Now she's pretty," Theo exclaimed.
"Very pretty."
"Yeah."
"Hey, Theo, do you know why I brought this doll for you to play with?"
Theo shook her head and waved Della in the air to make her hair shake.
"Because it's a very special doll. A friend of mine had it made. It looks like her."
"She made a doll of herself?" Theo asked.
Della laughed inside. No, sweetheart. She made herself a doll."
"That's right."
"Cool," Theo said and then put Della in a Barbie-style castle that sat on a table near her. She was soon joined by four other princesses, two of which had disentangled, almost matted, rat-nests for hair. Oh, she thought. Please don't let that happen to me. "It's a princess party," said the girl.
"Cute," Felicia said.
"Can I keep her?" Theo asked, and Felicia scrunched up her face before answering.
"Sorry, kiddo," Felicia said. "She belongs to a friend of mine and I have to get her back."
.png)
I love this. I have been looking for stuff like that one scene in gullivers travels where the protagonist is caught by a giant little girl and made to dress up as a doll and this is the closest thing I’ve seen ever since to the feelings and specifics.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Delete